Physiotherapy in DehradunWelcome to Arogya Health Care Center. Our center located in Dehradun is known for quality service to all our patients because we consider humanity on top of everything. Furthermore, we serve each and every individual with emotional support during their healing process, as a result, we not only treat them but also build a strong bonding with them.
Our Services Includes:
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Slimming and Weight Management
- ECG & Nebulizer
- Pharmacy and Vaccination
- Diet Advice
About Our Physiotherapist and Diet Advisor
Dr. Sapna Diwaker (MPT - Ortho, MIAP)
Dr. Sapna is not only experienced but also one of the finest physiotherapists in Dehradun and has extensive years of rich experience in physiotherapy. She started her career in 2006 with Shri Mahant Indiresh Hospital as a Demonstrator. Furthermore, She worked as a physiotherapist in Dehradun with ONGC Hospital, Perpignan (France), Shri Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital (Rishikesh), Apollo Clinic (Bangalore), Wockhardt Hospital (Bangalore) and at Shri Guru Nanak Dev Hospital (Dehradun).
Her responsibilities include:
- Working closely with patients with joint and spinal problems especially post surgery
- Developing and Reviewing treatment programs
- Assisting patients in rehabilitation due to accidents, injury and strokes
- Writing patient’s case notes, reports and statistics
- Educating and advising patients about how to prevent and improve conditions
- Keeping up to date with advance technologies for treating patients
- Coordinating with other health care personnel on information regarding progress of patients, in addition, referring patients who require other specific medical attention
“I want to contribute in the field of Physiotherapy since it will provide me an opportunity to serve the mankind “ – Dr. Sapna
Dr Sapna, Physiotherapist.
Frozen shoulder and Diabetes:
Nowadays Frozen Shoulder has become the most common condition and a very common complication associated with it is Diabetes.
Yes, Diabetes could be the cause of frozen shoulder. Let us know that why Diabetes is a common complication of frozen shoulder and what actually happens in this condition.
Frozen Shoulder or Adhesive Capsulitis is a pathological condition, where two layers of synovial membrane become adherent to each other. It is a restrictive condition of the shoulder with pain, stiffness and limited range of movement. It may happen due to injury, diabetes, stroke or surgery. Usually, it takes 2-8 months to develop this condition and shoulder movement becomes difficult and painful.
Mostly in Diabetes, due to a high level of glucose, there may be a change in the connective tissues. The collagen fibers in the joint, slide along one another during movement, which then sticks together by the level of glucose. This will limit the capacity of joint and become frozen shoulders.
How to diagnose:
In X-Ray evaluation, there is no specific diagnosis except degenerative changes. Only physical examinations would be helpful for any limited range of shoulders.
What are the treatments:
The patient with diabetes responds very slow and feels more pain as compared to Non-diabetic.
Mostly NSAIDs or Corticosteroid injections may also be used to reduce pain and inflammation.
Physiotherapy helps to reduce pain, stiffness and increase the range of movement. Heat application to the affected part followed by gentle exercises or stretching is quite helpful. Ice may be used to reduce pain and swelling. Furthermore, Exercises play a major role in the management of frozen shoulder. Regular stretching exercises in must even after the relieve from pain and stiffness to avoid reoccurrence.
Benefits of Exercise:
In today's tough and hectic schedule of life, we have almost lost ourselves and are not actually aware that our negligence would affect our physical, mental and social activities. We should take out time to concentrate and to maintain a good and healthy life.
For a good healthy life, make regular exercise as a part of your daily routine. According to a scientific research people who exercise regularly are healthier, physically and mentally have more energy, think more clearly and sleep better. So, let us see what are the benefits of exercises:
- Exercises maintain and increases muscle strength, improves balance, coordination, reaction time and flexibility.
- Helps to control hypertension, high blood cholesterol and diabetes.
- Improve immune system and hence reduces the risk of any illnesses.
- Helps in reducing body fat.
- Exercises improve oxygen flow to the brain, improves memory and oxygenate the body.
- Manages chronic pain like OA and RA by increasing mobility of joints.
- Exercise reduces stress by releasing a chemical called endorphins from the brain to fight stress and make us feel good.
- More physical activity helps to sleep better.
So, exercises have many physical and phycological reasons to live a happy and healthier life. Before you start any exercise consult your doctor and fitness trainer. They will definitely guide you according to your age and health.
So, stay a good and healthy life.